Sunday, December 28, 2008

Joseph

As another Christmas season fades from most people's memories, I am reminded of all the usual things for which we thank God; families, friends, health and homes. Christians also add their thanks for the incredible gift that is Jesus, and our salvation, which He made possible. We understand the honor with which Mary was gifted. To be the mother of the Savior is a blessing which has gone forth from Mary and touches all women everywhere.

But I stand in absolute awe of Joseph! Imagine being accepted by God to be a suitable substitute father for His Son! You see, I love kids. I wish I'd been blessed with dozens. It was not to be, but God substituted something just as wonderful. Many children have opened their hearts to me, several have even "adopted" me to be a substitute grandfather. Knowing how I feel about all of them helps me to better identify with Joseph, the foster-father of the Son of God!

Lord, I thank You for all of Your gifts!

1 comment:

E @ Scottsville said...

And they're all lucky to have you as a grandpa!