Sunday, June 29, 2008

Out of the Mouths of Babes

Today, I was especially blessed to witness 2 baptisms. It is always an honor to be present at these events, as they are often the first public testimony presented by new Christians.

A bit later, a young boy raced past me. "Who was that?" I asked nobody in particular. A girl standing nearby said, "Oh, that's the boy whose mom just got "pastorized."

I haven't laughed so hard in years! "Pastorized!" I know she was just mentally combining "pasteurized" with "baptized," but the effect was incredible! Everyone close by laughed. All to whom I related the story later, at least chuckled.

Thank-you, God! I love this kid! What an incredibly sweet view of events! How much God must love us to entrust us with kids! Especially when you consider how often people don't live up to that trust. What a precious, precious gift they are! "Of such as these is the Kingdom of Heaven."

With this in mind, here is a little something, dedicated to His kids...

-----

God’s Little Lights

When God made kids,
He used His heart,
His love He gives them, from the start.
He made them small, and softly sweet,
and entrusted them to you and me.
The love they offer us each day,
We thank the Lord for, when we pray.
Smiles and hugs are signs, you see,
that show how God meant life to be.
So, when you’re reeling
from Satan’s bites,
they’re here to love you…
God’s Little Lights!
-----
Thanks, Father...
Mr Mike

2 comments:

E @ Scottsville said...

Hmmmmm, I wonder if that was a Katie comment?! =0)

Mr Mike said...

It was Maggie, but, Katie was the one who informed me, "When I get baptized, I'm wearing my floaties!"