Friday, January 16, 2009

Thanks, God!

Sometimes it helps to remember all that we are thankful for. I have the sweetest wife God ever made, and some incredibly beautiful grandchildren. (Thanks, God) I have a church family that cares more than any other I've seen. (Thanks, God) Whenever I return home, my old dog is overjoyed to see me. (Thanks, God) A number of health problems are temporarily in abeyance. (Thanks, God) Though in the Army, my youngest son does not seem to be headed for a war-zone. (Thanks, God) This winter has, as yet, been fairly mild. My joints sigh with relief. (Thanks, God) Instead of hibernating, happy little squirrels scamper about my yard looking for lost acorns. (Thanks, God) A recent plane crash into the Hudson River resulted in no loss of life. (Thanks, God) Countless number of terrible events have not taken place. (Thanks, God) Yesterday, I watched a sunset being painted across the evening sky. (Thanks, God)

This morning, after a relatively pain-free evening, I awoke to a fantastic sunrise.
(God just told me, "You're welcome.")

1 comment:

E @ Scottsville said...

And for a Grandpa that's about to celebrate a two-year anniversary. =0)

Thanks God!