Thursday, February 26, 2009

Where do we start?

How do we fix what is wrong with America? I think that Psalm 6 is a good place to start.

"No, Lord! Don't punish me in the heat of your anger. Pity me, O Lord, for I am weak. Heal me, for my body is sick, and I am upset and disturbed. My mind is filled with apprehension and with gloom. Oh, restore me soon. Come O Lord, and make me well. In your kindness save me. For if I die I cannot give you glory by praising you before my friends. I am worn out with pain; every night my pillow is wet with tears. My eyes are growing old and dim with grief because of all my enemies. Go, leave me now, you men of evil deeds, for the Lord has heard my weeping and my pleading. He will answer all my prayers. All my enemies shall be suddenly dishonored, terror-stricken, and disgraced. God will turn them back in shame." (tlb)

But, if all you do is pray, if you don't "put your money where your mouth is," then you've done nothing! Our country has become Satan's playground, and it seems to be joyously marching, arm-in-arm to perdition. We must do more than just ask God to fix things. We must act. Where possible, take God's word to the people. Some won't listen, but some just need to be told. Go to your politicians and inform them of your beliefs. Tell them to act in accordance with God's word. Sometimes, they just need to be reminded of whom it is they serve. If they cannot hear your voice, whose message gets through?

No comments: