Friday, August 12, 2011

Every One a Child of God

If you have, or have had, children, I ask you to think back to the time when you first held your precious baby in your hands. Do you remember the lumps in your throat, the tears in your eyes, or even the amazement you experienced that God had entrusted such a precious child to you?

I am a father, and I remember these feelings well. When I held my first born, I was terrified that I might drop him. I was afraid to do more than support him with my hands, so sure was I that hands, like mine, toughened by years of hard work, might just accidentally cause bruises, in one so tender.

Love for your children, and joy in their existence, go hand in hand. It is natural, and it is an amazing gift from God.

I have always loved kids, all of them. Some are easier to love, some require getting past obstacles they've inherited. Some have learned to not trust others, and this makes getting to know them very difficult. But, all of them, every one, is a child of God.

It isn't just the kids, either. We are all children of God's. Every one, no matter the age, is still a child of God. Look around you... Can you see the baby that an older person was? God can! That is one of the reasons we are supposed to continually remind others of God's love. He wants those who've strayed from His flock to find their way back to His love!

I have been very blessed. God has arranged things so that I seem to be able to reach most kids at whatever level they operate on. I listen to what they have to say, try to explain things in a way they can understand, and do not expect them to always be perfect. As a result, I have been "adopted" by a number of kids. I have been an (adopted) uncle, a grandpa, and very recently, a best friend (to a 4-year old!). There is an emotional overload to this "adoption" that cannot be described accurately. I am constantly in awe that God has given this gift to me.

You see, I am not perfect, either. I am very aware of my faults, and know that there is not one thing I could ever do to pay Him back adequately for this incredible gift, so I just end up loving kids all the more, and thanking God constantly.

Thank-you so much, God!

Please remember that God loves all kids; those who are just born, those who've entered their "terrible twos," teenagers, the elderly, and those not yet born. All are God's children. He loves everyone. He sent His Son to die for every single one. He want them all to come to His arms of love.

You...

me...

the unborn...

mobsters...

terrorists...

the handicapped...

Yes, even politicians!

Everybody is God's child! Some just need to be told or reminded.

Spread the love!

No comments: