Thursday, June 30, 2011

Liturgical Dance?

Some years ago, I visited a church I'd been to several times previously. I knew the priest who pastored there, and he normally gave an inspiring sermon.

This particular Sunday, after the usual service was nearly completed, a woman came to the front of the church and announced that there was to be a "Liturgical Dance" prior to the service's completion.

Liturgical dance... Hmmm... I'd never heard of such a thing. What would it consist of? According to Wikipedia, “The dancers will respond with an appropriate dance which flows out of the music and is thought to enhance the prayer or worship experience.”

Hmm, still not something I’d expected.

Four teenage girls came out from somewhere in back, to the front of the altar, in what appeared to be their nightgowns! They started to dance a slow, sensual type of dance. I was in shock! It felt as though a huge load of natural fertilizer had been dumped upon me! I immediately stared down at my toes, and remained that way until the music stopped, and the girls left.

What in the world was this all about? More than anything, I felt contaminated. I wanted out immediately, and I left in a hurry. I wasn't the only one, either.

After some research, I concluded that this "liturgical dance" may have been based on the Babylonian church, not any Christian religion. From a history of ancient Babylonian fertility rites; "Magic-religious ceremonies were performed to insure an abundance of food and the birth of children. The rites, expressed through dances, prayers, incantations, and sacred dramas, are concerned with productivity include acts of sympathetic magic, such as kindling of fires and scattering the reproductive organs of animals on the fields, displays of phallic symbols, and ritual prostitution". There may also be some basis on the Celt's Love Dance of the gods and Bridal Feast of the goddess. Many think it may also be based on Herod's step-daughter Salome's "Dance of the Seven Veils," where the dancers begin their dance wearing seven veils, and usually remove them, one by one, until they often end the dance nearly nude. No matter which is the source, they're steeped in pagan worship.

In my opinion, this does NOT belong in Christian worship!

Folks, if you are EVER in any church, and ANYTHING there sets off your warning alarms, RUN, do not walk, and get out! God has given you notice that there is something "not right" going on. He wants you safe. He does NOT want you exposed to satanic filth!

Remember; "Ye shall not therefore oppress one another: but thou shalt fear thy God: for I am the Lord your God. Wherefore ye shall do my statutes, and keep my judgments, and do them; and ye shall dwell in the land in safety." (Lev 25:17-18)kjv -and- "For you yourselves know well that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night. When people say, 'There is peace and security,' then sudden destruction will come upon them as travail comes upon a woman with child, and there will be no escape." (1Thes 5:2-3) rsv

Don't assume that everyone in a church, not even those in charge, are doing God's work. Satan's advocates are hard at work, trying to sabotage everything Christ has worked for. If the devil "fires a torpedo" at your "church-ship," get to safety, and try to repair the damage as best as possible. Remember, as the song says: "On Christ, the solid rock I stand. All other ground is sinking sand!"

See you soon, in Paradise!

No comments: