Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Thanking God for aches and pains

How often do we thank God for the times we hurt?

Not often, I bet! Not in my case, anyway.

I wanted to do some work up on the roof, yesterday. I work part-time (am) for a church, and assumed I'd come home, grab my tools, and get started.

But, I'm just not as young as I used to be... don't know just when I got old, but somehow I did. When I returned home, every joint in my body was screaming, usually a sure sign a front is coming in. A short nap, yeah, that's the answer!

Just about that time, a tremendous storm blew in! Several inches of rain fell in just over an hour. If I hadn't been so sore, I'd have been up on the roof with my power tools when it hit.

Electrical tools, rainfall, wet ladders and falling off of wet roof and/or ladder... ouch!

How often do we think to thank God for what seems to be bad things in our lives? How often would things have been much worse without His intervention?

Thank-you, God, for ALL my aches and pains!

Mr Mike

2 comments:

E @ Scottsville said...

And we're so very glad you didn't come tumbling off a wet roof! What would Riley (or the rest of us) do without you? =0)

Tammy said...

Yes, thank God you weren't up on the roof when the rains hit!